Here’s Your Playlist Inspo
It’s that spooky, slutty, and scary time of year again – HALLOWEEN!
Whether you’re hosting or attending a Halloween party, or just the designated aux-holder of your friend group, here’s your playlist.
In no particular order:
- Formation by Beyonce: enough said
- Monster Mash from The Original Monster Mash: it would be a holiday crime to miss this one
- Sweet Transvestite from The Rocky Horror Picture Show: this is when we serve, serve, serve
- Magic Dance by David Bowie: from Labyrinth, this tune will transport you straight into the vibrant 80s; if you’re not already hallucinating, this will get you there
- Thriller by Michael Jackson: the ultimate Halloween spooky dance combo
- Do I Wanna Know by Arctic Monkeys: score a dance with the person you’ve been wanting to get with the whole night when this song comes on
- Bury A Friend by Billie Eilish: spooky undertones with a good beat – could you ask for more?
- Hallucinate by Dua Lipa: vibes vibes vibes, this is the song where you’re jump-dancing
- Heart of Glass (cover) by Miley Cyrus: the sing-along everyone knows, with a rocky edge
- Do You Wanna Touch Me (oh yeah) by Joan Jett & The Blackhearts: every good party needs a call and response with a sexy edge
- Take It Off by Kesha: dust the cobwebs off for this one, a hit is always a hit
- There Will Be Blood by Kim Petras: a pop-y one to get everyone onto their feet and dancing
- Boss Bitch by Doja Cat: there will never be a party, nay, any occasion where you can’t play Doja Cat
- FOMO by Amber Mark: if you haven’t strutted around in your 7-inch heels yet, you will to this one
- Alien Superstar by Beyonce: but ultimately, I could put her whole discography on this list and the perfect party vibes would be created
- Untouched by The Veronicas: just incase you forgot about the classics
- Don’t You Want Me by Human League: the 70s disco robot called and we answered with this banger
- Sissy That Walk by RuPaul: okay if you seriously haven’t strutted your stuff or death dropped yet, what are you doing?
- I’m Every Woman by Chaka Khan: just to round out the icons
Pair these tunes with your ultimate favourites, like Whitney, George Michael, and even more Dua Lipa (because who doesn’t love Dua Lipa) and you’re in tune to have the best Halloween party yet!
Happy Hallowitches xx
A psych and music student consumed within the world of music psychology and how music can affect our brain in ways we don’t even realise. Whether it’s a playlist to accompany you to your confidence or dissecting the brain to see why we like the sound of Harry Styles, if it involves music and psychology – I’m there!